News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Michael and Bernedette get the GIGGLES!

---------Dear Friends


If this mini video comes thru, I will be the happiest person in the world! The story goes like this: I had received phone calls from Potters Village that Michael seemed depressed (can an 18mo. old baby be depressed?-sure can). They wanted Dr. Lou to check him over and make sure nothng "else" physical was going on. So he did and besides the difficulty being with so may other babies--ie: pre-school syndrome, he seems to be quite healthy.



So one day, my helper Bernedette ask me what she should do that day and I said she should spend 100% of her time playing with Michael, as he was only with us for 24 hrs.



Well, I looked over when I heard this adorable sound and saw such a precious scene, I quickly grabbed my camera to photograph and video tape it. Hopefully the video will download but if it does and you are unable to hear it , I had to use a new program called VLC(given to me by my new swedish friend Sofie).

If , sadly it doesn't work, at least I'll enclose the photo's of this happy moment in time


---------Marie

ps: I was unable to download (or is it upload-ha?) the video so I may ask a friend in the States to do it, if it will send as an attachment in an email

pss: By the way---apparently the joy has lasted as they say Michael has improved greatly, interacting with other children, smiling etc. Alleluia !!







1 Comments:

  • At Mon Apr 06, 04:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awesome. The YouTube came through. Michaels giggles sound just like my little grandkids. Wow, Marie, Joy is universal and still the best medicine for what ails ya!
    Thank you. Wishing you a blessed and beautiful Holy Week and Easter Sunday. New life is emerging everywhere. Healing, restoration and renewal. We are never too old, and it is never too late. How amazing is that! In His abundant Grace, With love, Mary J.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home