News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Friday, March 13, 2009

---MIX + MATCH

Olivia, my Supervisor's daughter, loves her doll baby and couldn't wait to put it on her back!

The children are carrying their lunch and picking up their soda (truly a special day!). We had hoped to picnic outdoors that Doll Party Day but were rained out.






The children love Crazy Straws with their soda's--and so do I!
These adorable girls in green are twins and both are precious.







----AIDS Orphans Saturday---making beaded neclaces with the girls.






----Walking Baby Emmily and Mom back to the Pediatric Ward.







--Behind me, Baby Emmily and Mom, you see my home, as this pic was taken by Marty from the front of their home. We really are next door neighbors!








----A sweet baby from Pediatrics, named Emmily--and her Mom Jacita and I took a walk last sunday to meet the Coda family. Here I am honing my "carying a baby on my back" skills.




















3 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 13, 04:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love reading "The adventures of Marie". Thanks

     
  • At Sun Mar 15, 02:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for introducing us to this remarkable Coda family. Marie, you actually look happier than usual, if that is possible. We are praying as your life experience there continues to be enriched and more deeply rooted.
    Thank you for the sharing of this true adventure of living in the moment. You cannot know how much it has blessed our lives and helped me to 'practice that joyful, trusting presence' in my own days and connections. I simply love what I am about and rejoice for any chance to celebrate the love of Christ with others, through any means. Last weekend I planted flowers and made a homemade fountain. I will e mail you about other more personal happenings and causes to be grateful. Did you get my email about Ken's wonderful news? Talk about a miracle that keeps unfolding, it's Ken.
    Love you bunches. Spring break now starts and it will be good to hang out without any pressing agenda. Hugs to you, beloved in Christ...Oh, and HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY to the one fully authentic Irish woman I know. mj

     
  • At Thu Apr 16, 09:05:00 PM , Blogger Seattle Coda's said...

    Thank you for sharing your blog and helping to keep us posted on our family while they are in Africa. We appreciate the work all of you do for others. Peace to you, Marie, and be sure to say hello to Lou, Marty and the boys from Teresa, Joe, Dustin and Becca.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home