News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Live The Life You Love + Love The Life You Live

-----From Left: Dr. Damian, Waltraud, Dr. Robert, Carolyn, Marie, Dr. Lou, John and Marty
-----The Coda family-from left :Anthony, Louie, John and Marty and me in the green wig
Dr. Damian has fun being an Irish Ugandan (HA)


I have lots to share with you, so let’s get going: Last year at this time, my friends Carol Balderree and Bill Northrup were on hand for St. Paddy’s Day, as well as Palm Sunday and the special event of Baby Michael’s Baptism. This year with Easter not until April 12th and St. Paddy’s Day holding at it’s traditional March 17th, we have quite a different story to tell, some of which has not yet happened

.

The Coda family and I were invited to Waltraud and Dr. Damian’s home for a farewell dinner for Dr. Robert (surgeon) and his wife Carolyn (artist)., as they return to Holland following their 3 mo stay. Both added so very much to our community here at St. Francis Hospital: Robert with his skills as a surgeon and Carolyn as she had painted delightful jungle motifs in the Pediatric Ward, and also gave Art classes for the Orphans. They will both be sorely missed until they return next year, same time

..


..

Early April Dr. Ronald and his wife Marike will return for their 3 mo. here, three month in Holland rotation that they have been following for several years. That leaves us with three months a year (July thru Sept.) when we are minus a surgeon altogether. So if you know anyone willing to donate three months of their time to help us out, we would be thrilled (and they don’t even have to be from Holland-smile).


Needing to make a statement that this invite just happened to be on the feast of St. Patrick, I adorned myself in the green wig, which Bill had brought me last year, and a green yoga tee shirt that Heather bought me while in NYC last winter. The front states a life’s lesson for any day of the year “LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE AND LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE”, while the back has a large Celtic symbol on it.




-----Fr. Louis, Me and the boys Michael (close to Father Louis ) and Daniel
-----Bonnie Olivia Justine Marie and Baby Daniel Feb 2009

.Baby Daniel and I enjoy the Valentines Tea Party.



Daniel being held by his grandmother, My Supervisor Justine and her Olivia and Hedwig, a young friend and teacher of English Lituature.


.I hosted a. Valentine Tea Party on Sunday after Mass, with a surprise visit from Fr. Louis (my friend and Bishop Callists sect)., who just happened to be in the neighborhood with three other priests, the day before. In an attempt to hold both Michael and Daniel for a photo, I was impressed with how far each had come, making it near impossible to hold both at the same time. Truly God is good and these healthy babies are faring well. Michael seems to have a bit of a shoe fetish, while Daniel much preferred my necklace to all the Valentine goodies on the table-smile.

I hope you will enjoy these festive occasions with me, if only in memory.

-----------------------Marie



3 Comments:

  • At Wed Apr 01, 09:39:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If I didn't know you were decked out for St. Paddy's, I'd say you were a wannabe pickle, and knowing you don't drink, it's just that spontaneous combustion and contagious merryment bubbling up and over, again. Honest to goodness, from 'foo foo' to tea parties, to skits at HeartSong, to rounding up your cronies on one very special, still memorable 'Celebrate the Journey' event, to cross country treks, to adventures in tree houses, and on and on, you absolutely do fully live and love your life and all who are blessed to be in it. You can manage to find the extraordinary in the ordinary. It is wonderful to see Dr. Damian and the others we have grown to know through blogs and emails. Olivia is flourishing and radiant. Was this an occasion for Daniel's Baptism? Hope you have a blessed night, feeling content and truly loved by the ONE who is always smiling about you, His beloved daughter and one that He is 'especially fond of', and pleased that He created. I know God's got a great sense of humor and I imagine at times, Marie, you bring him comic relief. What a precious balance your life is.
    Thanks for sharing the joy. love ya, mj

     
  • At Thu Apr 02, 12:01:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    thats precisely the maxim of happiness.anthony

     
  • At Sat Apr 04, 04:36:00 PM , Anonymous Arky Brian said...

    Looks like you had a GREAT time as always. Thanks for sharing. Glad Michael is back to his happy self. Tell John for me that he is one eye stopper of a young man. They have made some beautiful kids.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home