News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Remembering 2007- St. Francis Mutolere

Maria and Marie: First Nurse and patient-----now friends November 2007July 2007
-------------------------------------------My First Ugandan Christmas Tree

My Dancing Angels: Juliet Suzy and Robina -----------
------------------------------------------Walking to the car following an "Outreach"


HIV Testing

"Outreach"

1 Comments:

  • At Tue Dec 18, 12:03:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Marie, thank you a zillion times for a most blessed Christmas greeting. The pictures say so much. The Uganda Christmas Tree, your parents, the work, the friends, the place and the Heart. So much Heart!
    The beauty is in the Spirit. Each of us CAN be this way, with THIS ONE Heart and share the joy where ever we are planted.
    The light shines so very brightly in you, Marie, as it does in each of us when we simply just let it. It is so easy to say, "Oh I wish I was there, where every thing seems so much more simple. It is so beautiful and the ordinary gives birth to the extraordinary. It could surely happen if I was in such a place and time."
    Truth is, it's a bit like when,with full delight,we gently blow the top off those fluffy and puffy dandelions. The little wisps just fly off and do their thing.
    You continue to show us to just quit comparing. whinning and lamenting and simply "be" right here and now. If we get the chance to take that "being" to a far off place, such as Kisoro, Uganda. Well, that's also wonderful. But in the meanwhile, it CAN all happen right where we are. Thank you for showing me that my dear friend, Marie. It has made so much difference in my day by day living. Joy to you, each and every moment.
    Ken and I are remembering you DAILY with grateful hearts. We may not be able to "deliver the goods" on trusty camels (or air express), as we follow the star, along with other pilgrims, during this Advent Season. We are all trying to find that one thing that IS ever lasting. So, we so share that faith, hope and love with you.
    We love you, Marie. mj

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home