News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MICHAEL is definitely one "independent " little boy!


Now this is the way a young man should look celebrating his "Independence". Quite dapper, don't you think? ------------Michael loves to read and I couldn't be more proud!

----------Michael eating African style. What is particularly dear about his eating habits is he chews with his mouth closed. Have no idea how he learned such a civilized trait,
just seemed to come natural to him . Then he decided we should all share food, so he would put his hand out for one student to give him a potato or whatever , he would then give it to another student and so on and so on. It was so precious! Michael's version of sharing!








Michael looking so sad that he wasn't invited to join in the dance. I kept tucking his shirt in until I realized A) it was hopeless and B) he looked even cuter with it out.
Michael in blue jammies -- how sweet. He usually picks one of my items and stays fascinated with it for hours. This time it was a green tube of eye gel. It is as if he is actually trying to read it. My response"How else would you have such a young looking "Grammy", unless I used those products and walked everywhere, as I do in Uganda?" (Smile)

























Shake Your Booty! Girls. I'd love to learn how to do this dance but I am afraid just one swish and I'd be in traction(Ha)


1 Comments:

  • At Sat Oct 17, 11:32:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What another treat, Marie. Michael is maturing so beautifully with each new set of pictures you post. Your videos come through and carry so much energy and expression. It is a marvel how you have become such a cyber chick. I am left in the dust, ha! and vow to still become fluent in this new techno communication. Thank yo for catching some of the joy and wonder as well as authenticity in each blog entry. I share these blogs with others and the blessing continues.
    Hope you are continuing to get stronger daily and pace your output of energy. I did not know you are a Bruce Willis fan, smile. I am still devouring all of Luann Rice's books so influenced by her Irish roots as well as her love of the sea coast and other locations. She expresses such debt of understanding, love and power in the range of potential in relationships, especially among sisters and women friends. She weaves wonderful love stories as well that just melt this old gal. If your enjoy the ones I sent last week, you will absolutely love the 3 I have just finished. Let me know and I will send them your way.
    Much love to you...hugs, mj

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home