News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

PRAISE YOU FATHER--- OCTOBER 2009

-------------------------"PRAISE YOU FATHER "LITURGICAL DANCE -----------

Here I am giving last minute instruction to the girls: The Prayer Dances goes Like this------------

--PRAISE YOU FATHER

-BLESS YOU JESUS

-HOLY SPIRIT THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE

-BEING HERE------------NOW!


Vicensia (your far left) is a Nursing Student who finishes her training in May of 2010. She is beautiful inside and out, and I am delighted to have spent so much time with her working on the Nurses first published magazine entitled "My Opinion" Latter I will enclose some of the articles and poetry submitted by the students. Hedwig, in the center is a University Graduate and teaches English and English Literature to a Secondary School in Kisoso, though she is anxious and ready to move on to a brighter future in Europe or the USA. Edwinah (your far right) is in her second year of Nursing and has shown a maturity and resilience unseen in most 19 year old women. She has lost both her parents to HIV-AIDS , is maybe the most graceful dancer around (when you see some major hip swinging in future blogs of local dancing--it will be Edwinah who will catch your attention.) and she is one of my adopted daughters.

This is the third year this beautiful liturgical dance was performed by 3 lovely young Ugandan women at St. Francis Hospital Chapel-Mutolere., on the Feast of St. Francis .How beautiful they were, and how honored I felt to teach them this dance that I first learned 30+ years ago and performed innumerable times in AZ. , PA, and, of course, AR., specifically at the Heartsong Retreats for those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS. This will be the last October I will be here, but perhaps the tradition will go on without me. --Praising God thru movement never seems to go out of style.
----------PRAISE YOU FATHER


---------------BLESS YOU JESUS!



----- HOLY SPIRIT--THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE--BEING HERE!








1 Comments:

  • At Sun Oct 11, 05:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Precious Marie, How lovely are the feet (and hands and smiles) of those who love the Lord and share that love in worship. It is beautiful to behold. You are right about the graciousness Edwinah. Thank you for teaching so many, throughout the years, myself included, to give praise in liturgical dance or really and movement that honors God. I forgot how this even started, as far as who created the movements? I'm suspecting it was first you and then Teresa. Where was it first done? At the Acres?
    Hope you are more than well, smile. I sent off the next two books with some of those yummmmmmy Candian Pink mints.
    Sending love and hugs your way. mj

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home