News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fun- with Friends in the States+ Obama comes to Uganda!

Frienda gathered at Cynthia's home to party and downed shots of Petrone (tequilla for those of you who didn't have a clue, like yours truly.)

---------- From left:Peggy, Larry, Charisse,Carolyn, Carol, Cynthia and Rodney



Only two weeks before I left Uganda, my helper Bernedette had her first baby. I was honored to be present for the birth and delighted when she and her husband chose "Obama" as his name!
As soon as a suitable dwelling is ready , Michael will move in with Obama and family and I, as his Grammy (as well as his godmother) will be able to spend lots more time with him. I can hardly wait!












Visiting Scott in Indiana was a real treat. First I was able to see his magnificent performance as the Italian Dad in the production of "Light in the Piazza" at Indiana University, then the cast and crew spent the day on Lake Monroe and invited me along. What fun!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home