News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

AIDS Orphans enjoy Independence Day








Some more precious faces I get to see and teach and learn from every Saturday.




Monica is not only a beautiful child but a miracle child as well. Only months ago she was covered in warts all over her face (eyelids, lips, everywhere)










HIV-AIDS had effected her brain and she could hardly maintain a thought for a minute. We thought we were going to lose her. But lots of TLC and ARV's turned herlife around and today she was skipping rope with her friends.






What I find truly astonishing is that all of the warts have disappeared. She is indeed a MIRACLE! ----The children had their own celebration with lots of drumming and dancing.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home