News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Monday, July 13, 2009

------- In the beginnings


These are not good pics, they are just to show you how very very tiny he was. Note the size of my hand next to his little face. He woud often just hold my finger forever, just as his security blanket. ---------------------
Michael turns two years old the 18th of this month--July! This is the first of three installment leading up to the precious, healthy little boy he has grown into.--- Sr. Vastina, the Charge Nurse in Maternity, recently told me that when his mother died, his family wanted to take him to be buried with her.----- I know to us that sounds ludicrous, but no one , absolutely no one, expected him to survive,
Sr. Vastina refused saying that as long as there was breath, there was life and as long as there was life, she had to do all in her power to save him, And even more importantly, she needed to be able to face God with her actions. ----------Thank you Sr. Vastina for making that decision.

This pic was taken November 2007, while Michael was still in the Nursery. Icould hold himwith one hand whie changing his entire bed and straightening up his things with the other. No body told me until later that he didn't even look human at that time.


Up close and Personal--December 2007




I remembering entitling this one "Michael the Bootlegger" He was soooo tiny, that the booties were
leggings on him. This was Nov 2007, when he was 3+1/2 mo old and I would go tothe Maternity Ward several times a day to feed and care for him. He was not even 3 lbs then, maybe 2+1/2lbs My, o my--what a miracle he always has been and continues to be!












I have always loved the contrast in our blue/brown eyes in this photo. He truly was not a cute baby by any means, who ever would have imagined he'd turn out to be so adorable?
















---My all time favorite Christmas pic 2007 that Bert took of Michael and Mama Michael



Christmas 2007--was entitled The Best Gift I ever Got" And it was. A precious baby boy to share my first Christmas with--only 3 lbs when he came to stay with me (yet 4 +1/2 mo, old)












Michael and I were pretty much together the first several months of his life. If he wasn't in my bed, he was on my lap. I wouldn't have changed it for the world.












2 Comments:

  • At Fri Jul 17, 10:23:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Blessed life; Blessed life givers and blessed life sharing ones. Life, in our world and beyond: the mystery,risk,celebration, and heart ache; the embracing and letting go - the transitions and ressurection. So grateful for life, the wondrous Gift and for it's Giver. Life; it is entrusted to us for a season but not ours to control or possess...How do we learn to love with such an open heart and hand - to let go with gratitude and not bitterness; To be passionate and real about what we are and do? It is a wonder that we survive the cost of our committment to live healthy, giving, honest, authentic, balanced, honorable, and holy lives; while being willing to try again and again, to do all we can, to share all we are and have with others - ensuring their dignity and value.
    For me it is in trusting God and my life into His care. Learning from the Teacher what life lived out in love looks like. It is in listening and observing others who are getting closer and closer to the Real Thing.
    Thank you, my friend Marie, for being one of those. Having been away on 2 trips to be with family, and away for e mail activity (now catching up), my prayers are with you as you especially travel through these days. They are with Kim, her loved ones, Heather, Michael and ALL those you remember and have ever cared about. Blessings to you as you continue to discover the true essence in the midst of it all-may it enrich and fortify you as much as it does all you share your journey with. Peace and grace be with you. love and hugs, mj

     
  • At Fri Jul 17, 10:26:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    July 18 is also the Birthday of Jacqueline Cordela, our 3rd grandchild, who was 2 months premature and is also a beloved and unfolding miracle. Birthday greetings, to wondrous Michael....Love and Hugs, mj and kj

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home