News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lake Mutanda- Ah, in my own back yard

Carol looking at the mountains and at me-smile

Dear Friends

Lake Mutanda is so breathtakingly gorgeous; it is hard to believe it is in my neighborhood. No, I can’t just walk to it, even getting a ride there is a bit of a hassle. But it is so worth the inconvenience, that I intend to make it a regular feature in my second year here in Kisoro, Uganda.

Enjoy these beautiful shots taken while visiting at the Safari Lodge, which jets out, peninsula like into the lake as if it were made to become a Lodge from which all could view it’s beauty.

In previous Blogs I have shown you the wonderful self contained Tents which are part of the allure of this magical place, but today it’s an outside tour only, so wrap up cause it can sometimes be a bit chilly near the Lake..

-------------------Marie---------------.

Lake Mutanda in blue-----specially at evening tide.




3 Comments:

  • At Sun Apr 20, 08:53:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Marie, Beautiful pictures of you in new threads and kids with brilliat smiles. Do they ever need the dentist? Sorry to hear of your tooth and hope permanent filling is one its' way. Love the out door pictures and the awesome
    Lake Mutanda. You look like a regular 'mama' around the table with your friends. Much love to you, mj. P.S. Today, Sam is 34 and he and I just returned from a 4 day trip to Seymore and Browstown, Indian ( he paid my way with a money gift he was given). It was for my aunt Jackies funeral. These were the most amazing people. Some from all far away, including her sister, from Scotland. Jackie was 82 and her sister Pat is 84. Two incredibly adventuresome women. Alot like you. The change in scenery was refreshing and the company delightful and engaging. We certainly gathered to celebrate a wonderful woman. P.S. Mailed off 3 medium size packages for your special day. Hope they arrive on time. Lot's of good wishes to you and Michael....mj

     
  • At Tue Apr 22, 10:08:00 AM , Blogger Mell said...

    Simply amazing! I just love these pictures and so enjoy reading about all of your adventures!

    Love,
    Melanie

     
  • At Sun Jun 22, 11:18:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You look radiant in your photos.
    Happy late Birthday. You are in our hearts and prayers. I visited my mom last week and she says hi. I told her of your adventures and baby Hugh.
    Blessings,Rebecca
    and family

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home