News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

----And the Beat Goes On -La La---

Dear Friends

Last Saturday we had a large group of Swedish students come to our AIDS Orphans Program to meet the children and educate the older ones on Human Rights for Children per the United Nations. I was so impressed with these beautiful energetic young people who offered their message in song and dance., particularly with a song written by Fredia Andersson(pictured on right with bottle on her head) and Alfred Strand entitled ”The Convention of the Rights of a Child” The children caught on very quickly as we sang the verse which went--------------- “Every Child on this earth.-----------------is of equal worth -Whoever, wherever------------------------------------The Conventions on the rights of the Child,-----

Then we repeated after the leader;--“I have the right to eat----------------------------------right to eat------------------------------------Right to sleep--------------------------right to sleep------------------------------Right to go to school for free-----------------------right to go to school for free”----

---------------------------------------“I have the right to Privacy--------------------------------Privacy-------------- --- - ---------- Family---------------------------------------------Family---------------------------- Whatever the best for me.----------------------------------Whatever is the best for me---
I have the right to to play-----------------------------------------Right to play-----------------------------Right to say whatever I want------------------------------------------------Right to say whatever I want.

I keep humming the tune all week in hopes I can continue in these wonderful
young footsteps and keep on reminding the children in song about their Rights per the United Nations----

,They invited me to a party that night at Mgahinga Community Lodge right outside the National Park and since I could not afford the trip to get there, Sheba , the Tour Guide Deluxe for Uganda, sent his driver to pick me up and take me home!-

What a great party with the visiting Swedish group, many Ugandans and Sheba had invited the entire local community which consisted of a couple hundred children and their parents, all fed African fare before we started the adult “partying”. Enclosed some pics of me (the lone American) having a good ‘ol time (I even had two cokes, instead of one, that night-Ha)

.

..




3 Comments:

  • At Sun Mar 02, 07:28:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Boy Marie I can't get over how good you look. You may get snatched up by some man over there and not even come back to see your long lost friends of Arkansas. Looks like your having a tremendous time. I'm sure you light up the room when you walk in, just like you did back here. The memories that your making right now are "more precious than gold". When you look back on these moments and start to share a piece of your past, the stories and experiences will bless us just as they have blessed you. I am truly blessed to have walked with a missionary friend from Africa.

    Thanks Again.
    Loving you always
    Brian

     
  • At Tue Mar 04, 11:54:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow Marie! It's just so precious to see you having another joy explosion; with friends and peers, this time. All of us state side are sending lots of love and the hope that this first official 'leave' is all that you need and hoped for. Much love, mj

     
  • At Sun Apr 13, 02:46:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Marie:
    It has been so long since I have seen any of my fabulous ladies group! You are looking vibrant and joy-full. I am glad that you received the blessing of fulflling your hearts desire! I had NO idea that Carol was coming to see you! How cool to see the pics of the two of you together after you have been gone so long! When you talk to Carol again tell her I said "Blssings" to all of the gang and to call me sometime! Let me know if you plan on making a trip back here I would love to see you again! Be Blessed as you Bless Others, Tina

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home