News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lake Bunyoni-Bushara Island

We stayed at an ecological camp on Bushera Island , one of the 27 Islands of Lake Bunyoni. We had an outdoor shower that was filled with hot water on request and a compost toilet.
Carol and I both enjoyed swimming in the lake.
Lots more soon
Marie










4 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 21, 06:39:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ahhhhhhh, the picture of bliss! I guess Baby Michael isn't the only one being Baptised. Honest to goodness, Marie. The expression on your face is so radiant and joyfilled. That has to be the look of total 'thanksbeing'. Thank you for sharing this awe-some moment.
    We have been praying daily that you might continue to discover where, what and to whom you are committed to serving, with new and awakened senses and joy; That you would see the signature of God everywhere you are; That you and Carol and friends would relax, have adventures, celebrate each other and this precious time together.
    Once again, May this Easter weekend be the most amazing; with Michael's Christening, your godmothering, friends celebrating and all the alleluah moments. P.s Thank you for the "Living Faith Devotional"-
    Much love, mj and kj

     
  • At Fri Mar 21, 09:16:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    No crocodiles? snakes?

    Did you get to see the mountain gorillas?

    Your Anonymous Cousin (Blogger doesn't like my password anymore)

     
  • At Fri Mar 21, 03:45:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So glad your company has arrived. I know you are extatic? Looks like your having a great time and it's well deserved. James and I have been arranging and conducting an Estate Auction for Wilma for the past week 1/2. We're moving here to Shepherds Home the first week of April. Tried to get her to move in with us (you know how persistant James can be) but I convinced him it's what she wants to do. She just dosen't want to be a burden. And me taking care of James and Wilma might be too taxing. LOL Well you enjoy your time with your love ones.

    Love you always
    Brian

     
  • At Sat Mar 22, 05:29:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wish I looked that good in the shower...Ha! Happy Easter, Marie. All my love, Mary Sunshine

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home