News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Remembering Becky & Thinking of Bert,



Dear Friends
Short and sweet today (specially for you Bert) First a couple of corrections from last weeks blog: It seems the proverbial “Unforeseen” has happened and Larry and Lynn will not be able to come to Uganda early Oct.. Pray for them as now it is Dr. Larry’s turn to deal with a couple of health challenges. Hopefully, in God’s timing, they will be my neighbors by the end of the year.
Next I accidentally wrote Oct 3rd. for the Quality Assurance Meeting when I meant Sept 3rd , and my dear friend Becky would have been 53 years,not 54 as I stated. She was born in 1954 (the same year as my sister Theresa) which must be where I came up with that number.
Happy news is that Becky’s beloved husband and my friend Bert has started the trip of a lifetime: As we speak he is on an extraordinary tour of China, in which he’ll not only see the sites but share his life experience with others in a lecture about his experience as a teacher of troubled young people .
Pray he’ll have a safe journey and when he remembers his “adorable” wife Becky on her birthday Monday the 17th (and all thru the trip), he’ll have the consolation of the happy times and the memories of the love they shared, as well as their amazing son Jonathan they have gifted this world with.
I’ve included the photo I took of the “Self” family Christmas 2005, as well as a recent shot of Bert out for a musical night on the town with friends Carolyn & Larry Williams and Jan & Bill Montgomery ,
My phone # from the states is: 011-256-75297-3883 You can call my cell phone anytime (I turn it off when I am sleeping) for about 15 cents from either Skype or One Suite. Unfortunately ,I can’t call you because it is terrible expensive but I have found that I can send text messages to your cell phone quite reasonably.………
Marie McGee
St. Francis Hospital – Mutolere
PO Box # 26
Kisoro
Uganda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home