News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Just For Fun


Dear Friends August 8, 2007

Although there is much to write about: Home visits, including one to see Maria Goretti, I am just sending along some photos for fun today. Back in June when we had the Jubilee Celebration, there was some entertainment by the Nursing student, several of which have become my friends.
In fact last Sunday evening I had a Wrap-Up party for the students that helped me with the” Ellie Party” for the children. Some decorated, some served, two were the DJ’s and of course, there is always the clean up committee.
Well, Robina, or as I call her Robin, was part of the clean up committee and she and Juliet did a great job—but I digress---Robina headed the entertainment by teaching her classmates a South African “Zulu” dance and song. She was wonderful and I have, but am unable to include, the mini videos to prove it. But the photos are here, as well as a photo of some of the” Ellie Party” crew,
I wish I had photographed last Sunday evening as 11 young men &women and me snuggly fitted into my Living room to enjoy American Microwavable Popcorn . Boy, did I ever make a mistake---they loved it soooo much that my supply has dwindled-Ha.
In any case Robin, a delightful young student, and I have really hit it off and her intelligence, wit and joy of life give me great hope for the future of Nursing in Uganda
More soon,
Marie.













4 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 16, 03:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Marie...sending love your way and hoping all is well at least most all....
    It is easy to feel the joy and aliveness jump out of the photos. Some spontaneous combustion is so needed at times. You have the wonderful gift of making friends with amazing people and helping ordinary folks become amazing friends, by your enthusiasm and acceptance. I think one of your many virtues is that you know how to simply "delight" in another.
    It is wonderful to read and realizine that Maria's story is indeed a blessing that keeps unfolding.
    Hope you are out of the statistic gathering rut and free to do what you so love. Thank you again for real and uplifting blogs, Marie. Today especially, as I am keeping a loving "vigil" (as you know what this means) during a very challenging time, this blog was just what I needed.
    Now that the kiddos are back in school, I also will be sharing the photos with certain students who continue to be interested in what is happening with Nurse Mary's really precious friend in Africa....Love you...mj

     
  • At Thu Aug 16, 08:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great blog!

    You finally found the answer to creating a terrific "Man blog" !

    This is it, you've got it, Marie.
    What makes this a terrifc blog for men is the fact, as you evidently, most assuredly, have discovered is that men like stories with lots of pictures!

    Busom Bud

     
  • At Mon Jun 16, 07:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Marie, I am enjoying the party pictures, especially of
    Robina, and remember well her intelligent, vivacious ways and of her friendship to you. BN

     
  • At Mon Jun 16, 07:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Marie, I am enjoying the party pictures, especially of
    Robina, and remember well her intelligent, vivacious ways and of her friendship to you. BN

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home