News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Walking to Work with Marie

My Back Door -----Laundry Day-Must be monday
I have had two requests : One is that the Blogs either be shorter, or there be a male and a female version. It seems that the men have difficulty “focusing” for long periods (HA). My response to that is “I’ll try” but I really don’t have that much control; of what spews out from wherever it comes from Last week and this fit the bill as they are primarily photos, but next week is as much a mystery to me as to you (smile)
For those of you who receive my Jabber Jabber Jabber letters, where in I get off my chest the things that are bothering me, sorry but no effort will be made to shorten them. They are my Journal of sorts and quite a healthy release for me. So, your choice is either to read them or not.
The second request is to include photos of my walk to work each day, which is what I have done. Today we will walk ¾ of the way ( leaving out from my back door to the St. Francis center of activity), and finish another time-smile
Marie

Nice View of three Latrines from my kitchen window. But I have my own indoor bathroom. I'm 'special (HA)
Path directly behind my home-I am on my way!


On the right of the Path are the ruins of Sorghum Crop--Next comes Maize (Corn)



Open Field with Interesting Tree




The Path Continues Ps It has turned Cold here—burr! Last evening three students come over for “soup” as they didn’t know what it was. So I used up my Knorrs Vegetable and Chicken Soup (saving the Lipton Chicken Noodle, should I get desperate to try it (Is there anything as good as plain ol’ Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup?) It was so cold they left their jackets on and I put on my o so soft and cozy bathrobe. When they left, my body ached from head to toe , so following a cup of warm tea, I crawled into bed robe and all & shivered myself to sleep (Feeling sorry enough for me yet?-smile)
Lynn bring that winter jacket!!!






Most Days I Pass Three Generations Of Ugandan Women






Hum my camera caught a strange new bird Grace calls it an Umuzongoyongo-I call it "Birdie"
















Next Day
Well, apparently the temperature wasn’t all that low, it was my own personal temp that was that was all that high. While I shivered Grace was outside pulling weeds. I leaned out the window and said “I am freezing, why aren’t you? She smiled and said “It is not cold, you must be ill” . Sure enough, my temperature .was 102.8 !! . And I thought it was just cold outside with a little arthritis causing the body aches.
What a lousy day off! In bed, Emergen- C and hot mint tea. When I couldn’t get warm dear Grace lit the small charcoal stove and when the smoke subsided, she brought it into my room. It did the job and the chills subsided, but the temp climbs as soon as the Ibuprofen and/or Tylenol starts wearing off..
Not sure what is going on but it seems I have spiked a few temps since I have been here, but they have all resolved quickly on their own without antibiotic, so hopefully by morning I’ll be myself again
The Path Continues









I make a right hand turn from the paths and now I am on the "Main" road










The Administration "Block" and part of the new St. Francis Church











The Brand New Paediatric Building (yep, that is how we spell it here in Uganda)













L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home