News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

LOOK with your eyes & Listen with your heart


Friends September 20, 2007
Glad I may , at least, be able to get this short Blog out today. I have had another surprise week, most of it quite challenging to my physical and emotional self.
Monday morning was a beautiful start as I had a Mass said in honor of Becky Self who was celebrating her first earthly birthday in the heavens . Bert was off to his trip to China, but no one had heard from him and there were concerns that he he not met his connections in Beging. In any case the Mass was beautiful and Fr. John spoke of Becky and Bert and Jonathan so kindly, as if he knew them personally (says he feels he does from my blogs).
I was able to read the scripture St. Pauls letter to Timothy Ch 2 {1 to 8}, which gave the advice to pray for everyone, even (especially) Kings and royalty Made me think of Queen Rebekah and how she sits regally in the heavens awating my prayers and thoses of all who love and miss her so very much. None, not even her beloved husband, would wish her back in the body that gave her so much pain and challenge, but O, how we miss those twinkling eyes and smile that lit up a room.
The greatest gift in the Mass was when the hynn “ All I ask of you” by the Weston Monks was spontaneously sung . I have always loved that song and it is rarely sung, as it is difficult), but when I first arrived last Feb. the students sang it during ”Stations of the Cross” and I was so deeply moved and felt Becky’s presence so strongly that I shared the words with Bert, who (being Bert) was immediately “on line” ordering the album”Listen” from which it is taken..
Do yourself a favor and check out “The Weston Monks” on the internet. These beautiful hymns, primarily written by Gregory Norbert,, have aged well, so beautiful and poignant


ALL I ASK OF YOU
Gregory Norbet The Weston Monks

All I ask of you is forever to remember me as loving you (x2

Deep the joy of being together in one heart
And for me that’s just where it is.
Refrain
As we make our way through all the joys and pains
Can we sense our younger truer selves?
Refrain
Someone will be calling you to be there for a while
Can you hear their cry from deep within?
Refrain
Laughter, joy and presence; the only gifts you are!
Have you time? I’d like to be with you.
Refrain
Persons come into the fiber of our lives and then
Their shadow fades and disappears But----
All I ask of you is forever to remember me as loving you.
Forever as loving you.

Well Monday morning was a blessing I had to hold onto the remainder of the week as by 10pm that night I was in excruciating eye pain. I somehow got thru the night and camped myself outside the OPD (Outpatient Dept) awaiting medical assistance. Well, kindly the Clinician (like nurse practitioner) received my frantic text message and arrived minutes later. It seems I have “conjunctivitis” in both eyes! Within minutes Mr. Paschall put drops on my eyes that temporarily numbed the pain, then I went to the pharmacy where Mr. Feldel had rushed in early to give me eye drop, antibiotic and pain medicine. ,
I certainly cannot complain of the care I have been given since I have been here at St. Francis, all have been extremely kind and quick to help in any way possible.
So, it has been a rough few days, but today, Thursday, I am able to see well enough to type this blog and hopefully will be able to use the local computer as I am not yet up to the trip to town.
To end this on a happier note I have enclosed photos of the adorable little ones from Saturdays “AIDS Orphans Program, dancing their little legs off at the “Ellie Party”























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home