News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS

You are invited to sit by the fire and share a cup of tea with me. Since you can't be here in person, use your imagination. Visualize us as we sip our tea and recall all the joyful memories of our friendship. Ah... now isn't that nice?
They say "Home is where the heart is" .Of late I would have had to say that was Uganda. But recently I was gifted with a sense that I am, indeed, home again. It has been a long time coming as I set foot on Arkansas soil early April and have yearned to go home to Uganda's Call day and night since then.
----I still miss Baby Michael and the children from the AIDS Orphan Program,as well as the many new friends I made while serving as a Lay Mission Helper for 3+ years but the ache has lessened ,to be replaced with glorious memories and hopes for a future as a medical missionary in Africa or wherever I can be of service.
Today is tues. the first of Feb and my night to work at Laney's, but the weather is a bit inclement (though not anywhere as threatening as in many of the places my friends reside). So, as Laney's family lives on a very remote dirt road, I will not be heading that way . Instead, I get to spend a lovely 36 hours nestled in the warmth of my own cozy home. Thanks to friend Carol Balderee and crew, I, indeed, had an inviting home to return to, but because my job with Pop Watson is a live in position, I rarely get to spend the night. But tonight is a gift from the Ice Storm gods and I am enjoying every minute of it.


It is raining icicles outside and the sound on the tin roof of my new storage shed (thank you George of "Let George Do It") makes me feel as if I am in Uganda again. Lovely sound, but one best listened to from a cozy warm home

I was feeling a bit guilty for not going to Laney's to work tonight, then I went outside to get something from the car and not only slipped on the ice but the car doors were frozen shut. Ah.... home sweet home!!!



1 Comments:

  • At Wed Feb 02, 09:49:00 AM , Blogger myloveletters said...

    Ah! What beautiful house you have Marie! I can imagine the two of us sitting on your comfortable couch and talking about things while sipping hot chocolate enriched with a dash of cinnamon and a dollop of hazelnut sauce :) and some soft, home made cup cakes...

    I can imagine you telling me stories of Uganda, of Baby Michael and of many other beautiful kids whose smiles you treasure in your heart.

    I can imagine us wondering aloud about how this friendship came to be and that's when I will ask you for a hug as I feel truly blessed to be in your lovely company.

    I am imagining you will also let me talk about the not-so-important girl stuff that I usually am not without :)

    This will happen someday...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home