News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

---VALENTINE MEMORIES--

Valentine's Day has always been special for me (and my family), as it was the day my parents (Helen Tague and Hugh McGee) met and, according to my Dad, it was love at first sight. He told me that when he arrived at the Barn Dance on my mother’s family farm and saw her "across a crowded room" he knew she was the love of his life and would be his partner in marriage. She, on the other hand was "going steady" with a guy named Bob, so my father had to find a way to separate them, if only for a minute, to charm her. He did this by giving someone a nickel to give to "Bob" to play the jukebox, while the musicians took a break. This ploy apparently worked as they soon met, danced, + married. I, and my sisters, Coleen and Theresa, and, eventually, my two nieces(Heather and Jolie) are the fruit of that marriage. It’s called a family! For me, Valentine’s Day is not just a ruse for the greeting card companies to make money, but a celebration of the love of two ordinary people who shared an extraordinary love. Heather-Marie-Mom-Dad-Jolie-Theresa and Coleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home