News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas 2011

 
---------MAY YOUR CHRISTMAS BE A TIME TO REFLECT

------------ ON THE SIMPLICITY OF HIS BIRTH

---------AND THE MAGNITUDE OF HIS PURPOSE.
   
 Greetings sent to you from Africa, Arkansas or anywhere I happen to be at the moment (so reads my blog site    http://mariemcgee.blogspot.com .
            After 1 and ½ years back in the States,  I can finally feel happy to be home. Home truly is where your heart is and until recently a good part of my heart remained in Uganda with Baby Michael and the children from the AIDS Orphan Programs.
              I am happy to be back in my wonderful little Arkansas home and I have been known to light all my candles (I have really gotten into those little battery operated one), listen to awesome music that feeds my soul and just be. So much to be grateful for and I am well aware, after 3+ years in Africa, just what they are……too numerous to count.
             Recently I found out that in early January 2012, I will return to Penna., where I was born and raised, to care for my cousin Mary who needs my help and your prayers.
My phone # will remain the same (501-339-3758) , as well, as my email address. Please keep in touch..
             My wish for you is simple : “Celebrate the Journey” of your life, all of it, not just the fun parts .Do something for somebody every day. If you see somebody without a smile, give them one of yours. I guarantee you’ll never miss it!  
            This past 911, I read about a remarkable man named Fr Mychal  Judge O.F.M.      He died in the collapse of  the World Trade Towers.  My gift to you this Christmas is a short but sweet prayer, he is purported to have said and lived to the moment God took him to the heavens. It reads like this:
 
 'LORD, TAKE ME WHERE YOU WANT ME TO GO.  LET ME MEET WHO YOU WANT ME TO MEET.   TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ME TO SAY AND KEEP ME OUT OF YOUR WAY"  .......AMEN!
                          Christmas Blessing and a New Year full of promise
                                              Marie McGee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home