News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

--Celebrate My Natal Day with Me

----Dad and his girls: Heather, Marie, Mom, Jolie, Theresa and Coleen -about 1982


Waking Thur. morning, I glanced at the alarm clock calculating the minutes before it might ring with Happy Birthday's from my parents: Mom always called about 8:20am, the reported time of my birth and Dad chimed in with his deep resonant voice blazing across the airway. I felt warm and loved and remembered-----Could a daughter ask for more?.


It has been a long while since these physical calls, yet the memories of their unconditional love and sheer joy in being together as a family, continue to keep me warm and safe. Love, joy, acceptance, humor, forgiveness and tenacity---these are the parental seeds that planted in a garden of security and faith enrich us into becoming whole people of God.


My parents, Helen and Hugh McGee are my first thoughts when I wake to start a new year of my life and I expect until we are all together in God's great Heavens--it will remain so.

_________________________________________________________


Following a morning of immunizing babies and preg. women, I skipped around rain drenched puddles meeting Jackson, my driver, to pick up Michael from Potters Village, to celebrate my Natal Day with me.





He is 21 mo. old now and can walk from here to there but often choses to crawl if he think it will get him to his destination faster-smile (Don't miss the video on the bottom of this blog!)



John Coda helped me eat my birthday cake-Mmmm

------Happy Birthday to me-Happy Birthday to me-La La La-Thanks Marty


My American neighbors, the Codas(O, by the way check out their blog site at (http://codasinuganda.blogspot.com/ ) saw to it that I had my dream meal which for me was Marty's homemade white bread (so I could make two peanut butter and jelly (with butter) sandwiches. Followed by a chocolate cake that no bakery in Uganda could rival.

Dr. Lou and a trying to hide Anthony .






Then a short walk home by a moonlit sky and a click of my new Internet Modem and voila'---Birthday Greetings a plenty from friends all over the States, my Heather in NYC and new and old friends from as far as Sweden, Holland and even Bethlehem (no not Jesus, but one of his pals Br. Bob Smith). Thank you all for remembering my birthday and celebrating our friendships.



Video of Michael walking "Walk like a Man"



4 Comments:

  • At Thu May 14, 09:34:00 AM , Blogger Omo Oba said...

    happpy birthday to you! i know your parents are still with u.

     
  • At Thu May 14, 03:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is in response to all three of the recent blogs. Loved seeing your family w/ Heather. How blessed your parents were to have brought such precious life into the world. How blessed you are to have such an amazing mom and dad. How blessed you continue to be to have such an incredible cheering section among the beloved communion of saints. Just a thin veil is between you.
    Thank you Marie, for the ongoing reflections when you get the time to "be still and know" the answers of your hearts yearning to be in the Will of God and discern your movement in the coming months. I loved the lake/birdie and campsite pictures and just set myself in my imagination there having a cup of tea with you. The Michael mini movie was delightful. That's a gift that keeps on unfolding. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed weekend. The answers are already within you and will emerge. Do not be anxious. P.S. This picture on Omo Oba's comment is wonderful. It is also like your spirit.....love, hugs, and continued Birthday wishes, mj

     
  • At Sat May 16, 06:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Marie
    We surely remember your mom and dad well and loved them dearly. Keep up your good work I know they are so proud of you and all you do in Africa. Happy belated birthday from Mary and Dick

     
  • At Mon May 18, 05:50:00 PM , Anonymous Arky Brian said...

    Happy Birthday to you (belated). Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Marie. Happy Birthday to you.... Hope you had a GREAT Birthday. Love that pic of John. I know he's a lady killer...

    Love you.

    P.S. Got a new roomie this past week. It's Ms. Wilma.... It's her birthday today... She's 85...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home