News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Monday, September 15, 2008

LAKE -BUNYONYI-YET-AGAIN

Why are we still going in circles?




These pics of "Dug Out Canoes "really belong under the next two blogs, but I couldn't make that happen. They really are pretty awesome, when you consider they were once a tree. Now they float beautifully on the water carrying people and supplies from the mainland to the islands


Dug Out Canoes are a Blog within themselves!

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Sep 19, 01:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those are sure huge tree cut out canoes. They DO look heavy and not very negotiable. It is such a beautiful lake to go around in circles upon,smile. Thank you again for the journey by osmosis. This is truly a beautiful land and people. How fortunate to share these moments with others. I know I wish I had the resources to come over. Carol, Bill and Bert will never forget their blessed experience. I know it means so much for you, Marie, that they made the sacrifices to come.
    My computer will not transfer what I scan to e mail. It is older. I am sorry I couldn't deliver the items via email, that I said I'd try to do. Thank you for your patience and kind spirit. These first 3 months are non stop testing, data collecting, entering, teaching, and screening for the kiddos and myself,at school. The pace is greatly improved around Thanksgiving and beyond. Ken and I are also spending a lot of loving time with 3 grandkids. We get exhausted pretty quickly. Sending much love, every day....Peace be with you....love, mj

     
  • At Fri Sep 19, 04:03:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    VERY NEAT.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home