News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lake Bunyonyi-- Bushera Island July 2008


While the girls were here,, most managed to spend, at least, a day at one of my favorite places; Lake Bunyonyi, I was invited to join Eveline, Marieke and Lisa and. since I had been to Bushara Island, one of the beautiful islands on the lake, I became the unofficial tour guide for our mini trip to Kabale from where the lake can be most enjoyed. -----When the girls returned from their boating expedition, they snapped me unaware sunning and relaxing on the pier



We stayed in Wyedeh Tree House where another bed was added to the three already cabin, as it is a large room with a spectacular view of the lake.
Remember it is an ecological camp with only solar and wood burning power; which means one needs to notify the management what time you want to shower, so they can bring Geri-cans of hot water
------Just hanging out with friends is fun anytime, but here--well -it was perfect!


After eating dinner in the” Swallows Restaurant ( now that’s a double meaning if I ever heard one, as Bunyoyi actually means “Land of Little Birds” , you are given a kerosene lantern to walk to your cabin. ---Hard to say if sunset or sunrise is my favorite time on Lake Bunyonyi





A favorite memory is the next morning when coffee and fresh mint tea (for me) was delivered to our deck and we sat outside enjoying the morning sounds of the birds and the local people crossing the lake for Sunday service.
I had fallen in love with this place in March when friend Carol and I had visited here, but now became the unofficial tour guide to Lisa from the USA, Eveline from Holland and Marieke from Germany.






The girls decided they could manage a dug out canoe alone without a guide but quickly found the canoe much heavier and more difficult to steer than they ever imagine, resulting in gales of laughter and a short excursion mostly in circles.


1 Comments:

  • At Mon Sep 22, 12:19:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My Rose,
    Sometimes God writes straight in crooked lines. You can Imagine how lonely life could have been were it not for your warm personality and ability to make friends from all over the world Germans, fellow Americas, Bafumbira, children, women, men,destites, the terminally ill, vulnerable name them. May God continue to bless your apostolate in Mutolere - Thorn

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home