News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

More from Lake Bunyonyi = July 2008

-------Here is Lisa, our Beauty Queen and only one brave enough to go swimming.




-------My hero Lisa saved the day and my books by diving into the very cold lake to retrieve them, when I carelessly knocked them into the water.








------Eveline fills up the hot water for her own shower. What a view!



------Don't ya think I'd make a great commercial for Bushara Island?




------Here we are all nestled in our beds--see I told you it is a big room
From your left: Marieke, Lisa, Marie ,Eveline



-----Who needs Queen Elizabeth Park--We had Babbons in the middle of the road driving home from Lake Bunyoyi















2 Comments:

  • At Sun Sep 14, 03:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh what fun. I know our Sweet James is just in awe at the scenery that you are partaking of? It's absolutely breath taking and my James is right there with you, that lucky b______! Thanks again for sharing. Wish I was there as well.

    Love you

     
  • At Mon Sep 15, 05:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks Marie for another cool mini excusion by osmosis.Don't you love discovering new friends and places, and feeling a kindredness to those people and places who return or you return to? Peace be with you this day. love, mj

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home