News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

------Yet More Holiday Memories --2007


<>
-----Michael and Mama Michael- enjoying the Christmas lights and each other---------
Though , as a lay missionary, I am not allowed to adopt Michael, I hope to always be in his life, in one way or the other. Only God can show us how that might be. But for now we are savoring every moment together.
Marie
------------My Lap child. I am wearing a typical skirt I wear to work (Who would believe all those liturgical dance skirts would ever come in handy in Uganda, no less!)


---OK, I was doing a little Christmas dance and fell and tripped over a small table. No damage to anything but my ego(Ha). Here I am showing that it was only a soda I was drinking.



---Diana and Bert on the Pontoon Boat that took us from the Lodge to our ride home. It was only a one night get away but well worth it. Good food, good company and you can't beat the view.




------------ One of many gorgeous views of Lake Mutanda from our Lodge





Each Tent is self contained(meaning it has a bathroom) . Quite an enjoyable get-a-way for Bert Diana and myself. Here they are visiting and enjoying the lake view.






------------ Bert visiting Diana and me in our Safari Tent like my cozy socks from Diana?)







2 Comments:

  • At Mon Jan 28, 05:06:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lovely pics...

     
  • At Mon Jan 28, 06:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Marie, Lovely skirts, socks, smiles, landscape and positions, smile. That's the first time I've ever seen you "flop". See what I mean now about keeping enough padding on your bod to help you bounce...As my granddaughter keeps says, "my grammy is fluffy". She saw a poster Ken got me one time, diplomate that he is, when I was trying to shed some pounds. It had this really cute lamb with the words, "Ewe is not fat! Ewe is fluffy!". Fluff is not a bad thing and can come in quite handy at times, especially as a shock absorber.
    Hope all is well. I wrote you with my new email address. So don't freak if your messages got returned, initially. I know you can only get to the internet cafe once a week and I may have missed you. The address is shorter, and so much simpler. Hope you have a wonderful day! Love mj. P.S. I think "arky brian" is amazing. He gets right to the point in 25 words or less. Good teacher!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home