News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Uganda here I come--ready or not!

No Friends, I am not driving to Uganda. In fact my car is one of many things I have given up to make this journey.


I enclosed this photo taken from inside my car , viewing the California Coast, to symbolize my moving on to the next adventure in my life.
My home is rented, my car given to Rebecca Wilson Southard and all but two 50 lb bags of my possessions are in storage. It is indeed time to board British Airways to Entebbe, Uganda via London ---Feb.12th----arriving Valentines Day!
I just returned from a whirlwind trip to AR.
I drove there, visiting friends along the way and flew home on monday. Now all the last minute errands while I spend my last few days at the Mission House in Los Angeles.

My email and blog will remain the same, but I will have a new cell # in Africa. When I know it you will too. Perhaps I'll even learn to skypt and we can chat computer to computer for a small amount of money. We'll see-smile.
More soon
Marie

ps My land address is : Marie McGee
St. Francis Hospital-Mutolere
PO Box# 26
Kisoro
Uganda

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Feb 09, 10:14:00 AM , Blogger Lynn Powe said...

    OK, so I'm impressed, Marie. Great picture of your angel and the CA coast, but I shudder to think how you took it...

     
  • At Sun Feb 18, 12:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    m a r i e !!!!!you will never guess whose fingers are typing!!!give up?? are you ready??? its.... ...dana yup you read it right!so I am at my sis' and read your blogthing and hope this is the way to googleblogemailwhatever you.let me know if you receive it.oh my almost 3 yr old niece, roma,just asked me what i'm doing.i xplaind your far away and i cant see or call you,etc.and of course the "why"s kept coming. i said you were on other side of ocean helping little sick babies and Roma asked " Is she helping them swim??" marie, thank you for the tape!!great surprise! and so glad I got to see you !!I hope youve gotten to chat w/ mary. she was dissappointd you were already gone. you are in my thoughts and prayers. and i will be on this *%*# machine again as my washing machine broke, so i'll be at lori's to wash and blog!!-dana

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home