News from Africa, Arkansas and Anywhere I happen to be at the moment

Follow me as I "Celebrate the Journey" of my life: Recently in Kisoro Uganda,for three years as a medical missionary(Lay Mission Helper-www.laymissionhelper.org) working with those infected and affected with HIV-AIDS, Public Health and babies at risk. Presently,in Arkansas awaiting my next "Call" to service.

Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year 2010----------Bring it on--------- with brownies + blessings

Bill with his african shirt he had bought from a previous visit and a can of Ugandan beer in hand. Interestingly enough we met some 30 years ago at a New Years Eve Party at the McGarey household in Scottsdale AZ.

As we all sat around a campfire, eating and drinking and enjoying each others company, I thought--Would I ever have believed I would be in Uganda with long time friend Bill Northrup, awaiting 2010 , with my St. Francis-Mutolere family + many visitors from Germany and Holland? Hum-
each year holds so many surprises!----------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here Bill is counting down the minutes till midnight in Uganda, some 8 to 10 hours earlier than the States would be celebrating.


WELCOME 2010--I am ready and waiting for you but , the question is "Are you ready for me?" ------------Norbert and Alex "licking the brownie batter" bowl, that I had prepared for the New Years Eve Celebration with Dr. Damian, his wife Waltraud and many others from Germany, Holland, Uganda and Bill and myself.


Check our http://www.youtube.com/ for a birds eye view of bringing in the New Year

my user name is : mariecmcgee and the video is second of two, entitled "Happy New Year"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home